Tuesday 4 January 2011

Bodyline's latest VW replica- the love jacket

I am a huge fan of the Nana manga by Ai Yazawa. It was through reading this manga that I first discovered the Vivienne Westwood love jacket. Whilst I generally don't tend to do punk lolita, I have always had an underlying obsession with punk clothing. I still have a lot of punk clothes hiding away including a pair of my beloved bondage trousers- I can't bear to part with them! After seeing this jacket design in Nana, I did some research and was happy to discover it was a real item. Sadly, I can't afford VW. Then I saw Bodyline had done a copy.

I was tempted to buy some Bodyline rocking horse shoes after they were released but for some reason, I find the jacket disappointing. There is something a bit off with the design but I can't put my finger on what it is. I think it could be that the waist looks a bit fitted and then it gets a bit baggier higher up. It looks slightly awkward. The way the model is posing does not help!

Compare the Bodyline jacket to this, which I believe is the VW version-


I really wanted to like the Bodyline jacket but it doesn't live up to the original. Yes, I appreciate a lot of replicas don't live up to the original but I think I was expecting something better from Bodyline. I would love to know what other people think!

3 comments:

  1. I think it could be that the Bodyline replica is sitting very awkwardly on the model? The shoulders look too big on her and the sleeves are too long. The actual VW jacket looks more finished and fitted imho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. Maybe I need to see it on somebody else. That model is very small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this jacket, and I love it! I think it has to be that shape so it can fit more people. I find it a little baggy, but that just means I can wear lolita under it (always need extra room for the waist ties!). Obviously it's not as nice as the original, but a lot easier to get and at least £400 cheaper xP

    I don't think it looks too bad though, but then my bust is a good 4in bigger than the models: http://lookbook.nu/look/1682035-Trip-to-the-Theatre

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...