Sunday 26 September 2010

I want to learn crochet!

When I was younger I attempted to learn crochet. The results were a disaster. It was so bad that I was unable to complete even the simplest of items. I had kits and everything. But I got over it and accepted that you can't be good at everything.

Fast forward a decade and a half- I have lolitas telling me about crochet items they have made. I think the items look cute but I am reminded of my dreadful past attempts. I bang my head on my desk as I slowly debate whether to try crochet once again or not.


I mainly want to do food crochet like cakes, fruit and sushi. If I could just make the cake on the front of this book, I could alter it slightly and make an interesting headpiece. Plus the 4th English Gothic and Lolita Bible had some crochet items as well which look really cool.

I also want to get this Crobots book. I know for a fact that some of my friends would go mad for these and they would make an interesting present. Plus I would feel better knowing that I put a lot of love into their present.

But I am unsure if I will take up crochet again or not. I don't want to be disappointed...

3 comments:

  1. I just now ran across your blog via F Yeah Lolita, so I'll be following you. ^^ (lol I didn't mean that to sound so stalker-ish!)
    Also, if you want to crochet, go for it! I know it can be frustrating when learning a new skill (I'm a relatively new sewing/knitting loli), but with practice I'm sure you'll get there. I'd love to learn to crochet too, so at least you won't be the only loli struggling to master the craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! New followers are always welcome!

    I will probably give crochet a go over the winter at some point. I am hoping to find a good video tutorial on the net because I find videos easier to follow than books. As soon as I feel more confident I am getting the Crobots book! It is my inspiration to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck then! :) It's always good to have inspiration. In my experience it really helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...