Thursday 11 November 2010

Announcing a new series- Taming the Beast: Lolita Hair Tutorial Review

I totally forgot to announce I was doing this series! I decided to start posting about lolita hair but I wanted to do it in a way that looked fresh and was suitable for my skills. Instead of making my own tutorials I will be reviewing tutorials made by other people. I am currently wearing my first style for this project which I will try to post before the end of the week. My interest is seeing just how easy these tutorials are to follow. If you are new to lolita or the thought of all that styling terrifies you, then I hope to help you! I plan to show everybody my progress and hopefully my hair will improve in the process.

So why do I make such a good guinea pig to test these tutorials on? Because my hair is really unruly and I will test these tutorials to the max! Any style that can stay in place on my head is a winner.

Here are some things that make my hair the perfect challenge-

1. My hair is incredibly thick and heavy. Gravity always ends up ruining my hair.
2. It has a life of its own and refuses to be styled unless I have a bottle of maximum hold hairspray to hand
3. It tangles easily and looks messy
4. Growing up, I was never interested in hair and make-up. I was not a tomboy but at the same time I was never girly. So I am a total novice at doing my hair. This will help to test how easy tutorial instructions are.
5. I love fidgeting
6. Living in England means that I have lovely strong wind and rain to compete with, especially now Winter is coming

So I am really interested to see how my hair turns out. All of the styles will be done by me without any help and I will be going about my daily life as normal. I plan to have a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand you! My hair is thick and it tangles easily, too. Seriously, it has to be brushed at least once every hour to look decent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope people enjoy this series! I don't think some girls understand how daunting lolita hair can be sometimes. There have been times where I have seriously considered getting a wig instead :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...