After having a bit of a creative slump recently I have been wondering what challenges I could set for myself with my current wardrobe. I want to see if I can wear things in new ways or maybe give an abandoned piece a bit more love.
So I have come up with a few challenges, just for fun. Whenever I am feeling a bit down or bored I can give one of these challenges a go. Who knows... maybe I can come up with something really great!
Here are a few challenges I have come up with. Feel free to use them yourselves.
- Combine your favourite wardrobe main piece with a colour you have not worn it with before
- Take your least worn dress or skirt and come up with 5 different outfits for it
- Have a blouse or an item that you always seem to wear with nearly every outfit? For your next 5 outfits you are banned from using it.
- Put a list of all your main pieces in to a hat and in another hat put a list of some of your blouses/accessories/etc. Pick an item from both hats and see if you can make those 2 items work together.
- Take a main piece that is a certain style (sweet, classic, gothic, etc) and try to make it fit a different style. For example, take a sweet dress and try to wear it in the classic style. Don't forget other smaller sub-styles such as pirate, country and sailor!
- Take inspiration from magazines like Kera and do a 10 items, 7 outfits challenge.
- Try to make an outfit that in total costs under £100
Sometimes doing challenges like this can make you see your clothes in a different light. Even if the end results don't turn out that great, at least you will have hopefully had fun!