Thursday 21 August 2014

Take a Theme- Carnival

Today's post is another Take a Theme, where I search for items that match the selected theme. Today I am doing one on carnival related items. Seeing these items really made me want to visit the circus!

Potential sub-themes- Circus, tents, bunting, carnival food, ring master

Brand prints of note- Starry Night Theatre, Fantasy Theatre, Puppet Circus, Candy Funfair (Angelic Pretty), Twilight Circus (Alice and the Pirates), Golden playground (Infanta)



When it comes to carnival themed items, I think bold colours work best. It looks like I ended up using a lot of red! I adore the mini hat, but sadly it has in fact sold. However, I have included the link to the page anyway because maybe the Etsy store owner would take on commissions if you asked them. She also had quite a few interesting looking hats in her store as well. It proved very hard to find an adult sized ringmaster jacket which wasn't part of some cheap costume. I'm not sure the one I picked is the best out there, but for ages it was the only one I could find. I think my favourite item from this post is the tent ring though. It is such a shame it is unavailable any more. But there are lots of similar rings out there done by other stores, so do take the time to google tent rings and have a look.

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog, it's amazing and I love it! I like the circus theme and particularly like the bag. (Madeleine from the Alice Day meet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really like the bag but it doesn't match anything in my current wardrobe so I can't justify buying it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...