Thursday 19 December 2013

Radiant Candlelight by Angelic Pretty

Today I am looking at Radiant Candlelight by Angelic Pretty. This series includes 2 dresses, a skirt, a headband and socks.


This is the Regular JSK. The bodice looks reasonably well fitted. The shape is simple, but looks lovely. I think the waist bow is a suitable size for the dress. The shape is pretty and the lace along the bow edges matches perfectly. It seems to sit well on the dress and doesn't appear to droop. I like how the bow is finished off with the tear drop charms too.


The straps are maybe a bit fussy looking. The halter straps could have looked okay by themselves. I wouldn't have minded the second pair of straps, but I would lose the thin ribbon bows. I am not that amazed by the pearl chains on the straps too, but at least they are detachable.

The neckline has two lines of fairly wide lace, which are then topped with cute looking bows. Whilst I like the idea, I think it maybe looks a bit too much. I would keep both lines of lace, but maybe layer them one on top of each other slightly. Then I would lose just one of the velvet bows. The back has a panel of shirring, which is concealed neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt has the potential to flare out very well. The skirt has a very plump, rounded shape to it. With the right petticoat, the wearer can create a beautiful silhouette. The skirt is kept free of clutter and the print is displayed very clearly. The bottom hem is then finished off with bow themed lace. The lace is very pretty, although I am surprised AP didn't go for custom cross or candle themed lace.


This is the Halter JSK. The bodice appears to be very well fitted, although in one or two of the stock photos it looked like the bodice material was a little loose in places. Although it doesn't appear very noticeable. The bodice has quite a simple, box-like shape to it, but the heart shaped neckline and detachable chiffon neck piece help to liven things up a little. The bodice features two criss-crossed ribbon 'ladders' running up the front. I think they are pretty and I like how the ribbon is kept thin, so they don't look too bulky. The criss-crossed ribbon is spaced out nicely too. The neckline bow is a bit on the big side, although it doesn't look too out of place on this style of dress. I would have maybe preferred it to be a little bit smaller. The bow shape is a bit simple, but it sits well on the dress. The pearl chain dangling from the bow looks pretty and suits the dress. However, I think the tear drop charm dangling from the middle bit looks a bit silly. I really adore the chiffon halter neck part of the dress. It wont suit everybody, but I think it is very elegant and mature looking. The chocker part is not too stuffy looking or bulky. The halter neck is detachable and the dress still works well without it, but I definitely prefer the dress with the halter neck attached. The back has a panel of shirring, which is concealed neatly by a ribbon corset. The skirt is again shown to have a lot of potential. It flares out well and has a plump, rounded shape to it. It will hold a decent amount of petticoat. The skirt is kept clutter free, so the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is again finished off with bow themed lace.



And here we have the print close-up which shows the print comes in ivory, wine, con and black. All four colours work beautifully with the gold print. Whilst the ivory looks pretty, I am personally a fan of the deeper colours because the gold really 'pops' against the darker background. I am glad that the con and wine colours look deeper in the stock photos than they do in this print close-up. As for the print, it is very elegant and mature looking. I wasn't that fussed with it when I first saw it, but it has grown on me a lot since then. The candelabras are drawn beautifully and the dangling chains underneath really add to the print too. The use of the colour gold gives the print a very classy feel. This is a really wonderful offering for this time of year, but at the same time it doesn't look too "Christmassy", so you are not limited to wearing it for just one part of the year.

I think this is a very beautiful offering from AP, that should do very well. It is versatile enough to be worn as part of a mature sweet look, classic and maybe even gothic lolita with the right styling. I am a fan of the more grown-up look of this series. The dress designs are beautiful too. I would maybe make a few tiny tweaks, but generally I think the designs are very strong. I am always a bit reluctant to buy velveteen but I would possibly buy this series. I would go for the Halter JSK in either wine or con. The headpiece is also a good classic hair item that could be worn with many outfits, not just with this series. I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...