Monday 18 February 2013

I Think I May Be Addicted...

It started off innocently enough... I was planning my outfit for the Oxfordshire Lolita's October Halloween meet and I really wanted some black roses just to finish off my "kuro bride" outfit. I was lucky enough to find some in Claire's for a cheap price. They may not last forever but they were good enough for the job. Then I saw they had the same style of rose clip in ivory and I thought they would be a nice addition to the classic side of my wardrobe. Then I found the navy roses and I thought I could use them in an outfit with my Midsummer dress. Then fast forward to the present and Claire's are bringing in their new stuff for Spring... What do I see? Even more of these rose clips. When I got home I decided to take a photo of all the Claire's rose clips I have obtained so far...


And before I knew it, I had 6 pairs of these roses in 5 different colours. The bad thing is, my obsession is still not satisfied. I spied some yellow, mint and red ones as well and I am itching to add them to my collection! I don't think I will be satisfied until I have these roses in every single colour!

I think the staff in my local Claire's branch must think I am a bit strange. But to find such loli-able items on the high street at a low price is a real bonus for me. There is no fiddling about with fake flowers and pins like I have done with previous outfits. All I do is clip these roses in and go. 

These rose clips are a huge part of my hair accessory arsenal now. I have a few outfit ideas in my head which will include these roses and I am also trying to come up with lots of different ways to wear these clips. I am going to use them in both sweet and classic items. I love their versatility.

I have recently spotted other items in Claire's which are very loli-able without being expensive. Sadly, I can't share some of them though, because it may give away a surprise! I definitely think it is worth having a look in Claire's right now though. Although, hopefully you wont become as addicted to stuff as I have!

6 comments:

  1. How cute! definitely checking online right now!
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise Claire's had a website. Then again, I have never looked for it before! XD

      Delete
  2. I'm already addicted to Claire's. ^^ They had a hair accesory sale the other day and let's just say I now have enough headbands to match almost every outfit I could pull out of my closet.:/ I'm still trying to figure out if that's a bad or good thing, as they were so inexpensive. :D Glad to see I'm not the only one!
    Happy blogging,
    Sarafina (=^.^=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my branch would have a hair accessory sale! Although that may be a bit dangerous for my purse...

      Yeah, Claire's have always been great for picking up cheap pieces. I am a fan! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...