Friday 15 June 2012

AP Sugar Hearts Review

If you saw my last post, you will probably know that I have now obtained a Sugar Hearts set. I found an auction for the white skirt, head bow and socks. I am actually still on the look-out for the pink Sugar Hearts socks (or lavender as a compromise) and the lavender pochette (pink as compromise) so if you see them, let me know!


So here it is! My lovely new skirt! Now obviously, it is a mini skirt and it was never going to reach my knees but it was actually longer in length than I was expecting. It still comes a few inches above my knees but it is not ridiculously short. However, part of this is probably due to the fact that the skirt sits on my hips and not my waist. The waist on the skirt has no shirring and no options to make it smaller, so my waist is actually too small to hold it up. Luckily, the skirt doesn't look too bad sitting on my hips and so it wont affect my wearing of it too much. Also, once I am wearing a tucked-in blouse etc. it wont be as loose.

It is also worth mentioning that this skirt does not have a pocket- something which I normally love about AP! I suppose there was nowhere to put one and it would have altered the skirt design too drastically.


One of my favourite parts of the dress is the little cluster of ribbon bows on the front. Trust me, they are very adorable in real life! It is a nice little addition because it stops the skirt looking too dull and flat.


As usual, the lace is amazing. I love the candies on the lace. It fits the theme of Sugar Hearts very well.


The material is so light and fluffy, just as you would expect with chiffon. When I put the skirt on, it felt so light it was as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. With all the layers, lolita can sometimes feel a little heavy, so this skirt is very refreshing. The tiers also stop the skirt looking too flat as well. Thankfully, the material is not that see-through, although you wouldn't see anything anyway because of the multiple linings. The skirt has 2 linings. Both of these linings are soft but the outer lining is very gathered and it acts like a petticoat. Both the linings are very soft and are a delight to wear. My only complaint is that with these linings, there is not much room left for me to add an additional petticoat underneath if I desired. It is not really designed to have extra petticoat underneath but I am going to experiment with layering to see what works best for me.


The print is adorable. I think the soft colours are brilliant because bolder colours would look too harsh. I also think it is a very versatile print which could be combined with many different colours.


The head bow is very floppy but it matches the skirt well. I actually think the bow looks a lot better when it is worn. It is quite casual as well so I think it is easy to wear.


I really love the socks! I like how the ribbons at the top have been placed differently. When you wear them, the ribbon sits on the front of your leg instead of to one side. Very clever!


I also had a Dream Star ring hiding away in the photo I posted the other day! I won this in a separate auction from the same seller, so Japonica bundled my orders together. I love this ring and I keep picking it up and trying it on again. I actually thought that the star was going to be a bit bigger and chunkier. In a way I am relieved it is not too bulky. The writing on the ring is quite small and looks bunched up though, so you can only really read that it says Angelic Pretty on it when you are close up. I got this to go with Dream Sky, which I am going to start finding more accessories for after I have finished collecting Sugar Hearts stuff.

I was very happy with my purchases, despite having a bit of a hard time with Japonica. I am really looking forward to wearing my new items!

4 comments:

  1. Someone on EGL is selling a pink and white pair of Sugar Hearts. I am buying the white, perhaps I will get the pink if you're not interested? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww man... I saw them! I can't afford to until July anyway. It is not too big a deal to be fair, as I can make do without them. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a very simple print but I love it to pieces!!! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...