Monday 10 July 2017

Pomme Rouge by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I am looking at Pomme Rouge by Baby the Stars Shine Bright. This series includes 2 dresses, 2 skirts, 3 hair accessories, a blouse, socks and a choker.




First is JSK I. The bodice seems well fitted and the shape is pretty. I think the straps look a decent, supportive width. They are lined really neatly with lace on the outsides. This same lace is also used along the neckline, which is a good bit of continuity. The bodice features 2 ribbon corsets. The ribbon is really well spaced out and the lace lining these details keeps it looking really neat as well. I am really pleased to see that a non-shiny ribbon has been used as well! It looks like it is of a fairly good quality. The chest area features some raised panels, which form a bow shape. This is then topped with an apple shaped brooch with bow. I like how the different layers are lined with thin lines of lace. It helps to define the shapes and emphasises the multiple layers. The apple brooch is very cute too, although I am not so keen on the fake leaf. I think the leaf looks a bit cheap and maybe a fabric leaf would have worked better. The back offers a panel of shirring, which is topped neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt is full with volume and it flares outwards a lot. I really like the worn photos of this dress, which shows a cute skirt shape with lots of volume. The skirt is kept simple in design, so the print is displayed wonderfully. The bottom hem is then finished off neatly with a line of lace. Although the lace used is of a good quality, I do wonder if Baby could have picked a more interesting looking lace choice. But the lace used looks okay.




This is JSK II. The bodice looks well fitted, but I am a little unsure of the overall bodice shape. It is quite a simple shape, which reminds me of a sundress. I was also concerned the neckline scooped too low but after seeing the worn pictures, it looks totally fine. The straps are a nice suitable width. They are lined neatly with lace on both the insides and the outsides. Although the lace sits neatly and looks well executed, I personally would have liked a bit more tapering with this lace. There is a waist bow, which is a reasonable size for the dress. However, the shape of this bow is very basic and it looks a bit too plain. At the very least I think some thin lines of lace could have made it look a bit more interesting. The waist bow does not appear to be detachable, which I think is a shame. The bodice is kept relatively simple, but the neckline details stop it from looking too boring. It features a line of lace with ribbon threaded through it and is then topped with a ribbon bow. I think the lace looks pretty, especially with the bold coloured ribbon peeking through it. As for the bow, it is a good size and shape. It is mostly made from a matte ribbon, although the shiny ribbon layered over it appears to be of a good quality with a pretty design. The back is fully shirred, which means plenty of size flexibility, but also that the shirring is left exposed. However, because of how short the back is, it may not have been viable to put a ribbon corset over the shirring anyway. The stock photos show that the skirt seems to have plenty of volume and it flares outwards loads. It should hold more than enough petticoat. The skirt is again kept simple in design, so the print is displayed fantastically. The bottom hem is then finished off with a line of lace with ribbon threaded through it, with the ribbon tied in to bows at the sides. Not only does this detail look really pretty, it also matches the neckline details perfectly.




Finally, here is one part of the print...




... and another. This series comes in ivory, pink, green and black. I think the colours generally work very well. The one thing I am not so sure of is the use of mint green on the green version. I personally think this clashes a bit. As for the print itself, I think it looks super cute. The apples, flowers and bows help to frame the forest critters perfectly. I also like the use of highlighting and shading on the apples, to make them look a bit more 3-dimensional. All the little bits among the apples fit in well. Everything works so well together and nothing looks out of place. The animals in the print are absolutely adorable as well. I love how they are shown making a floral chain in one scene and also the scene where they are sleeping. The lines of apples for the non-border part of the print have been well executed too, with good spacing.

I am really impressed with this series. The print is really lovely and I think the dress designs are pretty solid as well. The accessories released with this series are fantastic too and match perfectly. Would I buy this series? No, but only for the simple reason that it doesn't fit my usual style. Otherwise I would buy it in an instant! My top choice would be JSK I in pink. Even though this theme is nothing too original, I can appreciate how well executed this series is. I hope it sells well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...